1. To obtain accurate books to make accurate decisions: if you make decisions based on poor information, you are making poor decisions that will costs you money in the long run.
2. To provide a second set of eyes with insight: a professional bookkeeper will be able to spot trends and issues that you may over look. You cannot see the picture when you are in the frame.
3. To facilitate business growth: If you are doing your own bookkeeping or you have someone inexperienced doing your bookkeeping then you are spending valuable time on other tasks instead of focusing on what you do best. Your job as a business owner is to sell and promote your business or service your customers.
4. To make sure no one is taking funds from your company: One of the most critical mistakes you can make as a business owner is to allow one internal person to have too much control. You always want a outside person checking and double checking. Too many times have we seen the right hand person is taking money from the company. Professional bookkeeping will reveal this.
5. To prepare for an audit: The IRS has been clear as to their primary goal is to increase audits of business owners. Having proper documentation to support your bookkeeping entries is essential A professional bookkeeper will see to it that this is right.