Each month a member of the KDA team will be interviewed and featured on our website and social media accounts for a month as a way of connecting KDA to our clients.
Meet Marco Huizar, one of the most dedicated enrolled agents in Orange County. He has been with the company 4 awesome years contributing to KDA standards for excellence with his professionalism and work ethic. There’s more to him than just being a tax guru.
Here is the full interview where you can learn a few more things about Marco.
- School – year- major/minor.
I went to school at Cal State Fullerton. Graduated in 2009 with an accounting degree.
- What credentials do you have?
I’m an enrolled agent. This means I’m licensed by the IRS to prepare taxes in all 50 states. I can also represent clients should they have an audit with the IRS.
- When did you join KDA?
I’ve been with KDA for about four years.
- Before KDA where did you work? What did you do?
Before I worked here, I worked at various CPA firms in Orange County. I was either on the tax side or the accounting side.
- What drives you in your professional life?
Just to get ahead and to help many people as I can. Helping them understand their business, helping them understand how new taxes are going to impact their financial life.
- What is your biggest advantage that helps you personally and professionally?
I like working with people. I like to help people. So I think that this field offers me an avenue to help people with their finances.
- Biggest accomplishment. (Personally and/or professionally)
My biggest accomplishment is doing what I love to do. The sky is the future. Thus far, I really enjoy what I do, helping people with their taxes and finances.
- What would you want to do if you were not in this field?
Real estate really interests me. If I wasn’t in the tax industry, I’d be in the real estate industry.
- What is your biggest fear?
Not becoming the person I was put on this planet to be.
- What has been the most satisfying moment in your life?
Graduating college. Because it was a goal that I had set for myself. There was an actual finish line. Walking, getting your diploma. So that was pretty satisfying.
- What types of hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
Outdoor activities. I like to be active. I like to work out. Hang out with friends.
- What superpower do you want? Or what’s your spirit animal and why?
No superpower wanted. I’m a Leo so definitely a lion.
- If you could meet a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Probably Kobe Bryant because I’ve looked up to him since I was a little kid and I really like his work ethic.
- What is your favorite sports team?
Favorite sports team is the Dodgers and Lakers. Just because I grew up watching them.
- What are your favorite books?
I like motivational books. Anything that helps motivate me and make me a better person.
- What is your story?
My story is that I’m an immigrant that came here with dreams to live a better life and I’m in the pursuit of that right now.
- Who is your role model, and why?
My parents just because they set goals and they work for them.
- Who has had the most influence on your life and why?
My parents for the same reason. I watched their work ethic growing up.